Sunday, February 24, 2013

My Amazing Assistant






In the process of putting the first table top together for the show I cut a tile of translucent mylar too small for the table. I was in the process of laying in down on the PVA adhesive when I found this out and in thinking fast I laid the too small tile on a smaller square of MDF as to not waste it. I then finished laying the surface of the table. I took the small tile home with the intention of experimenting on it the next day after work. While I was at work my daughter drew a lovely picture on it using the drawing tools I left out. In response to her drawing I painted around it and treated the surface with my own pattern and embellishments. I edges the piece in sheet music and put a french cleat on the back for hanging.  This piece then informed a huge part of my process for the rest of my BFA show. An element that I had been missing was the presence of my daughter in my work. So for each of my work in the show Emily will be apart of adding to the content with creative license to draw whatever she wants. I will only provide her with the tools and materials that reflect my color pallet to use and let her make the content choices. It's been great fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment