Sunday, February 24, 2013

Lovely Locket







This was the first project of first semester of senior year. It was just jump into it point of making work and putting them together. This was born off of an idea I had to make large scale jewelry that represents loved ones as precious treasures. As a start my professor suggested I make one out of a fast material. I chose duct tape and found this lovely paisley pattern at the store. I created the form of the heart out of large sheets of paper and taped into shape and then covered with a layer of silver duct tape, and then on large drawing paper completed a portrait of my daughter from a photograph using crayons. I laid the portrait on the inside of the locket where it would sit and then layered the surface of the locket with the pattern duct tape. I edged the portrait with gold duct table and created a loop of duct tape at the top of the heart  as a way to connect it to the chain. For the closure I sewed a pink heart button to the front and created a ribbon out of duct tape that fit around the side and over the front to button it closed. I looped gold and silver duct tape together to create a 10 foot long chain and attached it to the top of the heart. I wrapped a wooden dowel in duct tape with a loop to attach to one end of the chain and wrapped a loop in duct tape for the other end to make the closure for the necklace.








This was how it was first presented for crit and this last picture is my Professor Bonnie Biggs wearing the chain, so awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment