Monday, May 2, 2011

If I Could Turn Back Time

If I could find a way, I would take....Oh...hehe hello there. :)

Welcome back to the show. Don't you just love Cher!

Anyway, its that time again, time again for......ONE HOUR MINI ASSIGNMENT.. (insert applause)

So lets just say that this mini assignment had to do with being time based. There was time to be born, a time to die, a time to plant, a time to reap, a time to kill, a time to heal, a time to laugh, a time to weep...ya know..a time to every purpose and all that jazz. This however was none of those times, a close friend was going through something crazy and thought about how there wasn't enough time anymore. Not enough time to put things off, to get school done first, to finish other projects, and not enough time to stop and tell everyone you care about how much they mean to you. And as I was thinking about these things I was carving on a candle I had burned, because like how all these things seem to slip out of our grasp, so does the candle burn. I found under the wax that the candle had gears that made it work and made it spin and made it burn as with the passage of time. I found that there were cool colors and warm colors that created friction between them that only the candle could hold. But like most things candles don't last forever and so as the candle burned, even after the project was reviewed, so did I hope it burned away the ill of my dear friend, so did i hope it burned away the pressure from an overwhelming sense of responsibility, and so did I hope it burned to heal and leave nothing but hope for the future.

For you sister bear with love. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment